Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Recovering from injury

I broke my foot two and a half months ago. The break was more serious than I originally thought; thus, the recovery also has taken much longer than I originally thought. I've been sleeping with the injured leg outside the covers, and that, in turn, had necessitated a cumbersome arrangement of extra blankets to cover the three-quarters of my body that couldn't fit under the covers.

Yesterday I finally was cleared to sleep without the removable cast. You cannot imagine, unless you've had a cast on, the relief I felt. For the first time in two and a half months, I was able to sleep with both legs under the covers, free to turn to either side. I was so comfortable, I contemplated spending all of today in bed.

Trivial stuff, but I had to get it off my chest....

No comments:

Post a Comment