Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking back on 2011

This is going to be short. 2011 wasn't much of a year for me.

I reconnected with a few people. One or two of them, perhaps I should have left the connections cut. Not a big deal, though.

A fair bit of time spent on the computer, reading news on the Web and blogging about some of it. Too much time, I think. I'll have to work on that.

The TV habit is waning, for now. I'm starting to realize how much I've been missing by sitting, immobile and hypnotized, in front of that damned screen. I think I don't have to watch everything Tim Goodman recommends, however entertainingly he writes.

Took one big trip. Just getting out of town was a bit of a relief, even though there's no great pressure on me at home. Driving wasn't much fun, but flying would have been a whole lot worse. A couple of wonderful memories, a whole lot of "meh" ones, and a really bad bout of depression that struck on the ride home as it occurred to me just how screwed up one aspect of my life is.

I'm finding it harder to care that the human race seems to be too stupid to survive. Yet I still have that nagging voice in my head saying, "Prove me wrong. Show me a spark of intelligence."

The most pressing question right now: stay in and get drunk, or go out and get drunk?

Here comes 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment