Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

It's not about Trump, it's about our elections

I haven't had a chance to read the Mueller report yet. However, based on the glosses I've heard from cable news (I know, such a reliable source), what's clear to me is that Don Trumpone's possibly criminal actions are a secondary matter for us citizens.

The most important thing Congress has to do for us is to prevent Russia or anybody else from messing around in our elections.

I'm not saying Don Trumpone didn't commit crimes. However, if we have to choose between pursuing him or safeguarding our elections, I regret to say that there is no choice. It will do us no good to punish Don Trumpone if Russia or North Korea or somebody else can screw us over in the 2020 election.

And unfortunately, Don Trumpone's endless emission of lies and inflammatory rhetoric coupled with his multitude of corrupt actions in and out of office have created a myriad of possible investigative trails — so many that Congress might well be unable to pursue them all in any real way.

Clearly Don Trumpone himself is not going to lift a stubby finger to prevent foreign interference. If anybody is going to act in defense of our elections, it will have to be Congress, and possibly just Democrats in Congress, I regret to say.

That defense must be Congress' priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment