Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

When Trump passes

All the hagiography surrounding George H. W. Bush made me wonder: how will Don Trumpone be eulogized by the public when he dies?

During their terms of office Reagan, Bush 41 and Bush 43 infuriated me most of the time. I remained dry-eyed when Reagan passed, and I'm dry-eyed in the wake of Bush 41's death. I doubt I'll shed any tears for Bush 43 if he goes before I do.

However, Reagan and both Bushes, by all accounts, were (are) decent men, even if their policies belied their personal decency. I haven't celebrated (or, in Bush 43's case, won't celebrate) their departures from the world.

Don Trumpone is a moral cesspool and a black hole of narcissism. He harbors ugly prejudices and revels in sharing them with the world. He lies incessantly. Like every bully, he's also a coward. And he will never, ever take responsibility for any of his failures because he is too cowardly to face them.

If he had remained a private citizen I could have pitied him, for so flawed a man is pitiable. However, he became president. The job afforded his cruelty and greed and boundless ignorance too much scope to indulge themselves.

So when he dies, I won't just be dry-eyed, I will be jubilant. I will toast with my friends to a world no longer afflicted by a useless man-child.

Our domestic Dear Leader will make the nation happiest when he's dead and gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment