Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Philips and feedback

Further to the previous entry, I went to Philips' Web site to get specifics on what comes with one of their products.

First, the site makes extensive use of Flash, which annoys me since I use ClickToFlash nowadays and every once in a while a Flash-based site doesn't play well with it. Philips' is apparently one of those sites: the page for the model I looked up showed what looked like a "loading" animation over one of the unloaded Flash widgets. No amount of clicking would get that widget to load. I ended up nuking the page, since it didn't include a "package contents" listing anyway.

Since I had previously agreed to participate in an "opinion survey" after finishing with Philips' site, I proceeded to the survey. The first question was, "How likely are you to recommend this site to others?" On a scale from 0 (would not recommend) to 10 (very likely to recommend), I gave it a 2 based on the experiences I described above.

After a brief animation, the survey ended, thanking me for my participation.

Huh. Wouldn't you imagine a company interested in having a Web presence would be interested in hearing from those visitors who might have suggestions for improvements? Or if they're not interested in improving the site, why bother asking visitors their opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment