Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Troubleshooting device charging

So it has come to this: I'm using this blog to bookmark random Web articles. Oh well.

The Wired piece is, "WTF Just Happened: Why My Gadget Charged Very Slowly (Or Not At All)" by Tim Moynihan.

The tidbit I didn't know that I want to ensure I don't forget:

If you want to replace a cable to charge your tablet without paying a premium for a manufacturer-supplied replacement, your best bet is to look for a 28/24 AWG (American Wire Gauge) USB cable. This is a wider gauge than the 28/28 cables supplied with 1-amp chargers, and more of the cables’ wires are dedicated to transferring a charge. These cables are easy to find at all the major outlets (Monoprice, Amazon, Newegg) starting at less than $2.
[links in original]

No comments:

Post a Comment